Thursday, January 29, 2009

A year ago...

I meant to post this on January 26, but between Andrew being sick and my computer being defiant, I never got to around to doing so.

January 26, 2009 was a very emotional anniversary for me. It marked one year since the beginning of my last menstrual period. It marked the beginning of the cycle I finally became pregnant and stayed pregnant on. However, I didn't know it at the time and seeing another cycle come devastated me. I should have been almost in my second trimester with the child I lost. I was heartbroken that yet another cycle passed without a positive test. It was cycle #17 since we began trying to conceive.

January 28, 2008 was the day I called my OB and asked him if we could restart the infertility testing we began on the October cycle I became pregnant on, and subsequently lost. I clearly remember him telling me that since I became pregnant, further tests wouldn't tell us too much since we knew I could get pregnant. Instead he gave me a prescription for Clomid that he wanted to test for a cycle to see how it made me ovulate.

And now, a year after entering yet another cycle with SUCH despair, I have my precious little boy sitting beside me chattering away and grinning like crazy.

What a difference a year makes.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome! God is so good!!