Monday, January 5, 2009

My how you've grown!

Andrew had his second well baby check-up today. I have to say that I LOVE our pediatrician (who is actually a family practitioner)! He is very respectful of our parenting decisions and, while he informed us of what he usually does at an 8 week check-up, but said, "I completely respect whatever your wishes are and always default to the parents' choices." I love the fact there is NO pressure to follow the mainstream.

Andrew weighed in at 9 lb 1 oz and 24 inches. He is in the 90th percentile for his height, but only the 10th percentile for his weight. Apparently we have a long, lean bean! The doctor said as long as I am nursing on demand and there is some growth, he isn't concerned about where he falls on the charts.

Also, my brilliant son decided to show off some of his favorite tricks and charmed the doctor by smiling, babbling, holding his head up strongly for the entire visit and bearing down on his legs. Needless to say, our doctor was thrilled with him and says he is "very bright".

No more appointments until March! Can't wait to see how much more he has grown by then!

1 comment:

Me said...

Sounds great! Congratulations. - Tkeys